As adjectives the difference between detrimental and obnoxious
is that detrimental
is causing damage or harm while obnoxious
is extremely unpleasant, offensive, very annoying, odious or contemptible.
Causing damage or harm.
- Smoking tobacco can be detrimental to your health.
* (causing damage or harm) harmful, injurious; see also
* (causing damage or harm) beneficial
* obnoctious (obsolete)
Extremely unpleasant, offensive, very annoying, odious or contemptible.
- He was an especially obnoxious and detestable specimen of a man.
(archaic) exposed to harm or injury.
* 1661 , , page 26,
- Throwing stones at the bus is another example of your obnoxious behaviour.
- To begin then with his Experiment of the burning Wood, it seems to me to be obnoxious to not a few considerable Exceptions.