System vs Null - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between system and null
is that system
is system while null
is zero, nil; the cardinal number before einn.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A collection of organized things; a whole composed of relationships among its members.
# (label) A set of equations involving the same , which are to be solved simultaneously.
# (medicine) The body organs that contribute to a vegetative function.
# (label) A set of staffs that indicate instruments or sounds that are to be played simultaneously.
A method or way of organizing or planning.
# (derogatory) In the system : the mainstream culture, elites, or government of a state, or a combination of them, seen as oppressive to the individual.
- As a political system democracy seems to me extraordinarily foolish, but I would not go out of my way to protest against it. My servant is, so far as I am concerned, welcome to as many votes as he can get. I would very gladly make mine over to him if I could.
* apparatus, arrangement, complex, composition, logistics, machinery, organization, set up, synthesis, structure
* binary system
* biological system
* closed system
* complex adaptive system
* complex system
* computer system
* conceptual system
* Copernican system
* cultural system
* dynamical system
* economic system
* expert system
* formal system
* global positioning system
* information system
* isolated system
* legal system
* metric system
* multi-agent system
* nervous system
* open system
* operating system
* out of one's system
* physical system
* political system
* Ptolemaic system
* sensory system
* social system
* sociotechnical system theory
* solar system
* system dynamics
* systems art
* systems biology
* systems categories
* systems ecology
* systems engineering
* systems of measurement
* systems science
* systems theory
A non-existent or empty value or set of values.
Zero]] quantity of [[expression, expressions; nothing.
Something that has no force or meaning.
(computing) the ASCII or Unicode character (), represented by a zero value, that indicates no character and is sometimes used as a string terminator.
(computing) the attribute of an entity that has no valid value.
- (Francis Bacon)
One of the beads in nulled work.
(statistics) null hypothesis
- Since no date of birth was entered for the patient, his age is null .
Having no validity, "null and void"
* 1924 , Marcel Proust, Within a Budding Grove :
absent or non-existent
(mathematics) of the null set
(mathematics) of or comprising a value of precisely zero
(genetics, of a mutation) causing a complete loss of gene function, amorphic.
- In proportion as we descend the social scale our snobbishness fastens on to mere nothings which are perhaps no more null than the distinctions observed by the aristocracy, but, being more obscure, more peculiar to the individual, take us more by surprise.
to nullify; to annul