Nosh is a synonym of grub.
As nouns the difference between nosh and grub
is that nosh
is food; a light meal or snack while grub
is (countable) an immature stage in the life cycle of an insect; a larva.
As verbs the difference between nosh and grub
is that nosh
is to eat a snack or light meal while grub
is to scavenge or in some way scrounge, typically for food.
Food; a light meal or snack.
(slang, UK) Fellatio.
To eat a snack or light meal.
(slang, UK) To perform fellatio (on); to blow.
- They were noshing on fruit.
(countable) An immature stage in the life cycle of an insect; a larva.
(uncountable, slang) Food.
(obsolete) A short, thick man; a dwarf.
* (immature insect): larva
* : nosh, tucker
* witchetty grub
To scavenge or in some way scrounge, typically for food.
To dig; to dig up by the roots; to root out by digging; often followed by up .
- to grub up trees, rushes, or sedge
* 1898 , , (Moonfleet) Chapter 4
- They do not attempt to grub up the root of sin.
(slang) To supply with food.
- Yet there was no time to be lost if I was ever to get out alive, and so I groped with my hands against the side of the grave until I made out the bottom edge of the slab, and then fell to grubbing beneath it with my fingers. But the earth, which the day before had looked light and loamy to the eye, was stiff and hard enough when one came to tackle it with naked hands, and in an hour's time I had done little more than further weary myself and bruise my fingers.
- (Charles Dickens)