Nones vs Nonis - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between nones and nonis
is that nones
is those without any religious affiliation or nones
can be a dialect of italian spoken in parts of trentino while nonis
In the the eighth day (ninth counting inclusively) before the ides of a month.
* 2013 , Roger D. Woodard, Myth, Ritual, and the Warrior in Roman and Indo-European Antiquity , page 38:
Midday, or the meal eaten at midday.
* c.1400 , , The vision of Piers Plowman , line 6.145,
- The Nones' occur on the seventh day of months, such as July, that have 31 days, and on the fifth day of months having fewer than 31 days: the '''Nones''' of July unquestionably occur on July 7; the day is so marked in the single Republican calendar we possess and in the Imperial calendars: this is non-controversial. Why then does Plutarch refer to July 5 as the “Capratine ' Nones ”?
- 6.144: And al is thorugh suffraunce that vengeaunce yow ne taketh!
- 6.145: "Ac ancres and heremites that eten but at Nones
The liturgy said at midday.
Those without a religious affiliation.
- 6.146: And na moore er morwe -- myn almesse shul thei have,