Nomic vs Nonic - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between nomic and nonic
is that nomic
is (dated) customary; ordinary; applied to the usual spelling of a language, in distinction from strictly phonetic methods while nonic
is (mathematics) describing a polynomial that has 9 as the highest exponent of its terms.
(en proper noun
A game, intended to model certain aspects of legal systems, in which players take turns by modifying the game's rules.
* 1982 , , Scientific American
* 2004 , , Interactive Storytelling
- This is not to say that nuanced, intermediate levels may not arise in Nomic through game custom and tacit understandings.
* 2005 , Yusuf Pisan, The Second Australasian Conference on Interactive Entertainment
- The game Nomic also has rules that change over time. But these games still have rules for how they're played...
- Nomic , a "game of self-amendment," is most fundamentally characterized by its rule 213, 213. If the rules are changed so that further play is impossible, or if the legality of a move cannot be determined with finality, or if by the Judge's best reasoning, not overruled, a move appears equally legal and illegal, then the first player unable to complete a turn is the winner.
(mathematics) Describing a polynomial that has 9 as the highest exponent of its terms.
(algebraic geometry) Describing a curve the equation of which is nonic.
Describing a type of beer glass used in British public houses; in the form of a truncated cone with a bulge around outside, just below the rim.
- a 20-ounce nonic glass