Australia vs Nonda - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between australia and nonda
is that australia
is australian while nonda
is parinari nonda
, a shrub or small tree of northern australia and new guinea, with edible plum-like fruit.
As an adjective australia
(en proper noun
A country in Oceania. Official name: Commonwealth of Australia.
* 1693 : translation of a French novel by Jacques Sadeur (believed to be a pen name of ) titled Les Aventures de Jacques Sadeur dans la Découverte et le Voiage de la Terre Australe'' published 1692, translation published in London in 1693. Quoted in ''The Australian Language by Sidney J. Baker, second edition, 1966, chapter XIX, section 1, pages 388-9.
* 1814 , (Matthew Flinders), A Voyage to Terra Australis , volume 1 (
- This is all that I can have a certain knowledge of as to that side of Australia ...
at Project Gutenberg)
(geology) The continent of Australia-New Guinea. New Guinea and the intervening islands are also on the Australian tectonic plate and are thus geologically considered part of the continent.
- Had I permitted myself any innovation upon the original term, it would have been to convert it into AUSTRALIA ; as being more agreeable to the ear, and an assimilation to the names of the other great portions of the earth.
* (country) Aussieland (colloquial), land down under, New Holland (historial), Oz (colloquial), Terra Australis (historical)
* (continent) Meganesia, Sahul
* Australia Day
* Australia Felix
* Order of Australia
Parinari nonda , a shrub or small tree of northern Australia and New Guinea, with edible plum-like fruit.