Nix vs Nig - What's the difference?
As a proper noun nix
is (astronomy) one of the moons of pluto (named 21 june 2006) or nix
can be .
As a noun nig is
(offensive|racial slur) nigger.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) nix, colloquial form of . More at (l).
To make something become nothing; to reject or cancel.
- Nix the last order - the customer walked out.
, date=June 17
, author=Nathan Rabin
, title=TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Homer’s Triple Bypass” (season 4, episode 11; originally aired 12/17/1992)
, work=The Onion AV Club
, passage=At work Mr. Burns spies Homer munching complacently on a donut and hisses that each donut Homer shoves into his fat face brings him one donut closer to the poisoned donut Mr. Burns has ordered thrown into the mix as a form of culinary Russian Roulette, only to learn from Smithers that the plant’s lawyers ultimately nixed
the poisoned donut plan because “they consider it murder.”}}
To destroy or eradicate.
A treacherous water-spirit; a nixie.
(offensive, racial slur) nigger
* 1959 , Don Robertson, The three days
* 1961 , Robert Hale Strong, A Yankee private's Civil War
- He always thought one step ahead of the nigs .
* 1967 , Frank Hercules, I want a black doll
- In a field near the house was a nigger working a poor old broken-down mule and another nigger sowing wheat. When we came up, both nigs quit work and stared at us.
- What part did she play in your marrying a nig — a black man — nig, nig — Negro?