Nib vs Nig - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between nib and nig
is that nib
is the tip of a pen or tool that touches the surface, transferring ink to paper while nig
is (offensive|racial slur) nigger.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The tip of a pen or tool that touches the surface, transferring ink to paper.
* 1922 , (Virginia Woolf), (w, Jacob's Room) Chapter 1
The bill or beak of a bird; the neb.
Bits of trapped dust or other foreign material that form imperfections in painted or varnished surfaces.
A piece of a roasted, hulled cocoa bean.
A small and pointed thing or part; a point; a prong.
* Sir Thomas Browne
- Slowly welling from the point of her gold nib , pale blue ink dissolved the full stop; for there her pen stuck; her eyes fixed, and tears slowly filled them.
One of the handles projecting from a scythe snath.
The shaft of a wagon.
- the little nib or fructifying principle
(offensive, racial slur) nigger
* 1959 , Don Robertson, The three days
* 1961 , Robert Hale Strong, A Yankee private's Civil War
- He always thought one step ahead of the nigs .
* 1967 , Frank Hercules, I want a black doll
- In a field near the house was a nigger working a poor old broken-down mule and another nigger sowing wheat. When we came up, both nigs quit work and stared at us.
- What part did she play in your marrying a nig — a black man — nig, nig — Negro?