Direction vs Nephoscope - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between direction and nephoscope
is that direction
is the action of directing; pointing (something) or looking towards while nephoscope
is an instrument for determining the direction of and angular velocity of clouds.
The action of directing; pointing (something) or looking towards.
* 1835 , Sir , Sir (James Clark Ross),
Narrative of a Second Voyage in Search of a North-west Passage …, Volume 1 , pp.284-5
- Towards the following morning, the thermometer fell to 5°; and at daylight, there was not an atom of water to be seen in any direction .
The work of the director in cinema or theater; the skill of directing a film, play etc.
(archaic) An address.
* 1796 , , (The Monk) , Folio Society 1985, p. 218:
The path or course of a given movement, or moving body; an indication of the point toward or from which an object is moving.
- Her aunt Leonella was still at Cordova, and she knew not her direction .
, title=(The Celebrity
, passage=Judge Short had gone to town, and Farrar was off for a three days' cruise up the lake. I was bitterly regretting I had not gone with him when the distant notes of a coach horn reached my ear, and I descried a four-in-hand winding its way up the inn road from the direction
* 1900 , , (The House Behind the Cedars) , Chapter I,
- Just before Warwick reached Liberty Point, a young woman came down Front Street from the direction of the market-house. When their paths converged, Warwick kept on down Front Street behind her, it having been already his intention to walk in this direction .
An instrument for determining the direction of and angular velocity of clouds.