Grounded vs Motivated - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between grounded and motivated
is that grounded
is (aviation|of an airman) not allowed to fly while motivated
is enthusiastic, especially about striving toward a goal.
As verbs the difference between grounded and motivated
is that grounded
) while motivated
(aviation, of an airman) Not allowed to fly.
(of a person, predicative) Confined to stay inside, typically by a parent, as a punishment.
(of a person) Mature]], sensible with well-considered [[priority, priorities.
(electricity, North America) Of or pertaining to an electrical conductor which is connected to earth; earthed.
Enthusiastic, especially about striving toward a goal.
* 2001 , Norman E. Wallen, Jack R. Fraenkel, Educational Research: A Guide to the Process ,
- We're looking for a highly motivated individual who will fit into our fast-paced corporate culture.
* 2009 , J. Dan Rothwell, In Mixed Company: Communicating in Small Groups and Teams ,
- It seems reasonable to assume that academically able students are more motivated' toward academic activities than those less able, and that students from higher socioeconomic levels are more ' motivated toward school than those from lower socioeconomic levels.
* 2010 , Leif H. Smith, Todd M. Kays, Sports Psychology for Dummies ,
- In every instance, she has expressed enormous frustration with social loafers—virtual group members whose lackluster motivation leaves the bulk of group projects to members who are more motivated to excel.
- As an athlete, you'll feel more motivated when you're confident in your skill set and believe in your ability to continue to improve.