Mollycoddle vs Molly - What's the difference?
Mollycoddle is a derived term of molly.
As nouns the difference between mollycoddle and molly
is that mollycoddle
is a person, especially a man or a boy, who is pampered and overprotected while molly
is a woman or girl, especially of low status.
As a verb mollycoddle
is to be overprotective and indulgent toward; to pamper.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A person, especially a man or a boy, who is pampered and overprotected.
* 2004: , Character: Profiles in Presidential Courage
- No matter what pacifist "flubdubs and flapdoodle mollycoddles " might say, the President [Teddy Roosevelt] knew that if there were a general war then America could well be drawn into it.
To be overprotective and indulgent toward; to pamper.
* 1904 , Sabine Baring-Gould,
* 2012 , The Economist, Oct 13th 2012,
- Heerendorp by this means obtained an evil notoriety, and it was ordered to be burnt, and the women of Jacob's family to be transferred to a concentration camp where they would be mollycoddled at the expense of the English taxpayer.
Policy prescriptions: A True Progressivism
- Rich countries also need more competition in traditionally mollycoddled sectors such as education.
A woman or girl, especially of low status.
(slang) An effeminate male, a male homosexual.
(slang) Pure MDMA powder.
A fish of the genus Poecilia .
A female cat; a she-cat.
A molly bolt.