Molly vs Mary - What's the difference?
Molly is a related term of mary.
As nouns the difference between molly and mary
is that molly
is a woman or girl, especially of low status while mary
is (gay slang|chiefly|us) a male homosexual.
A woman or girl, especially of low status.
(slang) An effeminate male, a male homosexual.
(slang) Pure MDMA powder.
A fish of the genus Poecilia .
A female cat; a she-cat.
A molly bolt.
* 1821 Lord Byron, Don Juan : Canto the Fifth: IV:
* 1830 Mary Russell Mitford, Our Village: Cottage Names :
- I have a passion for the name of Mary , / For once it was a magic sound to me: / And still it half calls up the realm of fairy / Where I beheld what never was to be.
* 1905 , Forty-Five Minutes from Broadway , Mary is a Grand Old Name ( a song)
- Mary , which is as common as a white violet, and like that has something indestructibly sweet and simple, and fit for all wear, high or low, suits the cottage or the palace, the garden or the field, the pretty and the ugly, the old and the young;
The Virgin Mary, the mother of Christ.
- For it was Mary'; '''Mary''' / Plain as any name can be / But with propriety, society / Will say "Marie". / But it was '''Mary'''; ' Mary / Long before the fashions came / And there's something there that sounds so square / It's a grand old name.
The 19th sura (chapter) of the Quran
Any of several other women in the New Testament, notably Mary Magdalene and Mary of Bethany, the sister of Martha.
- Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
(Ireland, dated) A middle name for a male, given in honour of the Virgin Mary.
- Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
* The given name was considered too sacred to use before the end of the 12th century. It was very popular from the 17th to the 20th century.
* Bloody Mary
* Mary Ann
* Mary Jane