As a noun modification
is the act or result of modifying or the condition of being modified.
As an adjective unmodifiable is
incapable of being modified; immune to modification.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
the act or result of modifying or the condition of being modified
an alteration or adjustment to something
* Jim's modification to the radio's tuning resulted in clearer sound.
a change to an organism as a result of its environment that is not transmissable to offspring
* Due to his sunbathing, Jim's body experienced modifications : he got a tan.
(linguistics) a change to a word when it is borrowed by another language
* The Chinese word "kòu tóu" had a modification made to become the English "kowtow" .
(linguistics) the change undergone by a word when used in a construction (for instance am'' => '' 'm'' in ''I'm )
Incapable of being modified; immune to modification.
* (immune to modification) constant, fixed, immutable, unalterable, unchangeable
* (immune to modification) modifiable