Moderately vs Mod - What's the difference?
As a adverb moderately
is in a moderate manner.
As a noun mod is
(uncountable) an unconventionally modern style of fashionable dress originating in england in the 1960s, characterized by ankle-length black trenchcoats and sunglasses.
As a verb mod is
(slang) to modify an object from its original condition, typically for the purposes of individualizing and/or enhancing the performance of the object.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
In a moderate manner.
To a moderate extent or degree.
- During the debate, they disagreed plainly, but moderately .
- They were at least moderately happy with their bonuses.
* (modulus) , modulus
(uncountable) An unconventionally modern style of fashionable dress originating in England in the 1960s, characterized by ankle-length black trenchcoats and sunglasses.
(UK) a 1960s British person who dressed in such a style and was interested in modernism and the modern music of the time; the opposite of a rocker.
(slang) A modification to an object, computer game, etc., typically for the purpose of individualizing and/or enhancing the performance of the object.
(Internet) A moderator, for example on a discussion forum.
(computing, informal) A module (file containing a tracker music sequence).
* 1992 , "Jordan K. Hubbard", How to convert Amiga mods to Arch?'' (on Internet newsgroup ''comp.sys.acorn )
* 2003 , Rene T. A. Lysloff, Leslie C. Gay, Jr., Music and Technoculture (page 38)
- I'd like to convert some of the arch(SIC) mods back into Amiga mods since I don't have the original Amiga versions.
(rock climbing) A moderately difficult route.
Moderations: university examinations generally taken in the first year.
- These mods , while usually having the distinctive bleep and beep quality of transistor-generated tones, are often astonishingly creative and rich in expressive nuances.
In gaming, mods are created by end users whereas such content by the game creators would be labeled an expansion pack.
(slang) To modify an object from its original condition, typically for the purposes of individualizing and/or enhancing the performance of the object.
To moderate; to punish a rule-breaking user on a forum, especially when done by a moderator.
- His friends were particularly impressed with the way he modded his .
- Don't break the rules or you'll be modded .
* trick, trick out
* (to moderate)