Chode vs Mode - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between chode and mode
is that chode
is (neologism|vulgar) while mode
is fashion, trend.
As a verb chode
is (archaic) (chide
Formed in 16th–17th century by analogy with other strong verbs.
- And Jacob was wroth, and chode with Laban: and Jacob answered and said to Laban, What is my trespass? what is my sin, that thou hast so hotly pursued after me? — , Genesis 31:36
- And the people chode with Moses, and spake, saying, Would God that we had died when our brethren died before the LORD! , Numbers 20:30
From (etyl) mode, from (etyl)
(music) One of several ancient scales, one of which corresponds to the modern major scale and one to the natural minor scale
A particular means of accomplishing something.
* 1855 , Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society (volume 9, page 205)
- What was the mode of entry?
(statistics) The most frequently occurring value in a distribution
(mathematics, physics) A state of a system that is represented by an eigenfunction of that system.
(computing) One of various related sets of rules for processing data.
- An effectual and unexpensive mode of Protecting Wall-Trees from Spring-Frosts.
(grammar) A verb form that depends on how its containing clause relates to the speaker’s or writer’s wish, intent, or assertion about reality.
- In insert mode , characters typed are directly inserted into the buffer
* (music) Aeolian mode, Dorian mode, Ionian mode, Locrian mode, Lydian mode, Mixolydian mode, Phrygian mode
* (grammar) imperative mode, indicative mode, infinitive mode, subjunctive mode
* (computing) immediate mode, protected mode, real mode, retained mode
* collective mode
* dual mode
* soft mode
* (grammar) mood, grammatical mood
* (grammar) See also
From (etyl) .
* bimodal distribution