As a proper noun egypt
is a country in north africa official name: arab republic of egypt.
As a verb mist is
(to mock a work by inserting annotations).
(en proper noun
A country in North Africa. Official name: Arab Republic of Egypt.
(historical) A civilization based around the river Nile, on its lower reaches nearer the Mediterranean.
* (modern country) Arab Republic of Egypt
* (civilization) Ancient Egypt, Egyptian civilization
* United Arab Republic
(uncountable) Water or other liquid finely suspended in air.
(countable) A layer of fine droplets or particles.
- It was difficult to see through the morning mist .
(figurative) Anything that dims or darkens, and obscures or intercepts vision.
- There was an oily mist on the lens .
- His passion cast a mist before his sense.
* mists of time
* red mist
To form mist.
To spray fine droplets on, particularly of water.
- It's misting this morning.
To cover with a mist.
- I mist my tropical plants every morning.
- The lens was misted .
(of the eyes) To be covered by tears.
- My eyes misted when I remembered what had happened.
* mist over