Misgiven vs Misgives - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between misgiven and misgives
is that misgiven
is while misgives
(archaic) to give fear or doubt to; to make irresolute
* 1591 , , IV.vi
- As Henry's late presaging prophecy
- Did glad my heart with hope of this young Richmond,
- So doth my heart misgive me, in these conflicts,
- What may befall him to his harm and ours.
(archaic) To suspect; to dread.
- Such whose consciences misgave them, how ill they had deserved.
(archaic) To give wrongly; to give or grant amiss.