Inaccuracy is a related term of misconception.
As nouns the difference between inaccuracy and misconception
is that inaccuracy
is (uncountable) the property of being inaccurate; lack of accuracy while misconception
is a mistaken belief, a wrong idea.
(uncountable) The property of being inaccurate; lack of accuracy.
(countable) A statement, passage etc. that is inaccurate or false.
(uncountable) Incorrect calibration of a measuring device, or incorrect use; lack of precision.
* (property) imprecision, incorrectness, inexactness
* (inaccurate/false statement etc.) error, mistake, fault
a mistaken belief, a wrong idea
- There are several common misconceptions about the theory of relativity.
- You're obviously under the misconception that I care about your problems.
- He thought that a misconception meant becoming pregnant with a girl.