Providence vs Miracle - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between providence and miracle
is that providence
is while miracle
is a wonderful event occurring in the physical world attributed to supernatural powers.
(en proper noun
Divine care or direction, the will of God or the gods; fate
Any of several cities named for this force, particularly the capital of the American state of Rhode Island
A wonderful event occurring in the physical world attributed to supernatural powers.
- Many religious beliefs are based on miracles .
A fortunate outcome that prevails despite overwhelming odds against it.
* 1966 November 25, "A Great Document Made by Wisdom and Luck", in Life , volume 61, number 22, page 13:
- An example of a miracle associated with Muhammad is the splitting of the moon.
* 1993 , Hatch N. Gardner and Frank H. Winter, P-51 Mustang (Turner Publishing Company), page 78:
- Secondly, it was a miracle that a document hammered out with such difficulty, satisfying very few of its authors completely and satisfying some of them very little, would turn out to be the most successful political invention in history.
* 2003 , Eric Lionel Jones, The European miracle: environments, economies, and geopolitics in the history of Europe and Asia (Cambridge University Press), page 218:
- It was a miracle that I survived that ditching in the high waves because I had my seat belt and shoulder harness unbuckled in anticipation of bailing out.
An awesome and exceptional example of something
* 1847 , Honoré de Balzac, Scenes from a Courtesan's Life , page 323:
- Seen in this light it was a miracle of economic history that Europe was able to undertake so much higher a proportion of its expansion overseas, and secure a massive injection of resources and big markets without a commensurate growth in her numbers.
* 2008 , Joseph R. Conlin, The American Past: A Survey of American History (Cengage Learning), page 670:
- The home of our kings, over which you tread as you pace the immense hall known as the Salle des Pas-Perdus, was a miracle of architecture.
- It was a miracle' of engineering that made possible, with the cheap electricity the dam generated, another kind of ' miracle : the bizarre, superilluminated city of Las Vegas, Nevada.