As adjectives the difference between microscopic and microcosmic
is that microscopic
is microscopic while microcosmic
is of, or relating to the microcosm.
Of, or relating to microscopes or microscopy; microscopal.
So small that it can only be seen using a microscope.
- We supply all microscopic stains and other materials.
Very small; minute
- The water was full of microscopic organisms.
Carried out with great attention to detail.
- Compared to the galaxy, we are microscopic in scale.
Able to see extremely minute objects.
- The police carried out a microscopic search of the crime scene.
- Why has not man a microscopic eye? — Alexander Pope.
* See also
of, or relating to the microcosm
* microcosmic salt