What is the difference between methods and eclectic?
As nouns the difference between methods and eclectic
is that methods
) while eclectic
is someone who selects according to the eclectic method.
As a adjective eclectic is
selecting a mixture of what appears to be best of various doctrines, methods or styles.
* eclectick (obsolete)
Selecting a mixture of what appears to be best of various doctrines, methods or styles.
* 1893 , John Robson, Hinduism and its Relations to Christianity , page 211, 214
Unrelated and unspecialized; heterogeneous.
* 1983 , Peter J. Wilson, Man, the Promising Primate: The Conditions of Human Evolution , page 140
- Chunder Sen and the Progressive Brahmists broke entirely with Hinduism...and he selected from the scriptures of all creeds what seemed best in them for instruction and for worship. It is an eclectic' religion: it seeks to select what is good from all religions, and it has become the latest evidence that no ' eclectic religion can ever influence large numbers of men.
* 2006 , W. Frederick Zimmerman, Should Barack Obama Be President? , page 153
- All members of the Hominoidea, apes and man, show an eclectic taste in food but select, from a wide range of possibilities, only a few to provide the bulk of their diet.
- Colvin said Obama has an eclectic taste in music, listening to everything from Indonesian flute music to OutKast to Motown.
* (unrelated and unspecialized) heterogeneous
* (selecting a mixture of doctrines) exclusive, homogeneous, orthodox, standard, uniform
* cherry pick
Someone who selects according to the eclectic method.