As nouns the difference between capacity and methods
is that capacity
is the ability to hold, receive or absorb while methods
As an adjective capacity
is filling the allotted space.
The ability to hold, receive or absorb
A measure of such ability; volume
The maximum amount that can be held
- It was hauling a capacity load.
Capability; the ability to perform some task
The maximum that can be produced.
Mental ability; the power to learn
A faculty; the potential for growth and development
A role; the position in which one functions
Legal authority (to make an arrest for example)
(operations) The maximum that can be produced on a machine or in a facility or group.
- The orchestra played to a capacity crowd.
- Its capacity''' rating was 150 tons per hour, but its actual maximum '''capacity was 200 tons per hour.
* See also
Filling the allotted space.
* 2012 , August 1. Owen Gibson in Guardian Unlimited,
- There will be a capacity crowd at Busch stadium for the sixth game.
London 2012: rowers Glover and Stanning win Team GB's first gold medal
- At an overcast Eton Dorney, roared on by a capacity crowd including Prince Harry and Prince William, the volume rose as they entered the final stages.