Restorerecover vs Mend - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Restorerecover is a related term of mend.
As a verb mend is
Not English Restorerecover has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
A place, as in clothing, which has been repaired by mending.
The act of repairing.
- My trousers have a big rip in them and need a mend .
* on the mend
To repair, as anything that is torn, broken, defaced, decayed, or the like; to restore from partial decay, injury, or defacement; to patch up; to put in shape or order again; to re-create; as, to mend a garment or a machine.
- My trousers have a big rip in them and need mending .
To alter for the better; to set right; to reform; hence, to quicken; as, to mend one's manners or pace.
- When your car breaks down, you can take it to the garage to have it mended .
- Her stutter was mended by a speech therapist.
* Sir W. Temple
- My broken heart was mended .
To help, to advance, to further; to add to.
- The best service they could do the state was to mend the lives of the persons who composed it.
- Though in some lands the grass is but short, yet it mends garden herbs and fruit.
To grow better; to advance to a better state; to become improved.
- You mend the jewel by wearing it.
* mend one's pace
* See also