Surety vs Mediator - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between surety and mediator
is that surety
is certainty while mediator
* Bible, Genesis xv. 13
* Sir Philip Sidney
- Know of a surety , that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs.
That which makes sure; that which confirms; ground of confidence or security.
- For the more surety they looked round about.
(legal) A promise to pay a sum of money in the event that another person fails to fulfill an obligation.
- [We] our happy state / Hold, as you yours, while our obedience holds; / On other surety none.
* Bible, Proverbs xi. 15
- There remains unpaid / A hundred thousand more; in surety of the which / One part of Aquitaine is bound to us.
- (legal) One who undertakes to pay money or perform other acts in the event that his principal fails therein.
A substitute; a hostage.
- He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it.
Evidence; confirmation; warrant.
- She called the saints to surety , / That she would never put it from her finger, / Unless she gave it to yourself.
* mediatour (obsolete)
One who negotiates between parties seeking mutual agreement