Medal vs Billon - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between medal and billon
is that medal
is a stamped metal disc used as a personal ornament, a charm, or a religious object while billon
is any of several alloys of precious metals and base metals that is used (where legal) to make coins, medals etc.
As a verb medal
is (sports|very|colloquial) to win a medal.
A stamped metal disc used as a personal ornament, a charm, or a religious object.
A stamped or cast metal object (usually a disc), particularly one awarded as a prize or reward.
- Whether their images, shrines, relics, consecrated things, holy water, medals , benedictions, those divine amulets, holy exorcisms, and the sign of the cross, be available in this disease?
* gold medal: a medal designed for first-place winners
* silver medal: a medal designed for second-place winners
* bronze medal: a medal designed for third-place winners
* tea and medals
(sports, very, colloquial) To win a medal.
- "He medalled twice at the Olympics"
, date = 2013-01-13
, episode = Je Ne Sais What?
, title = (The Good Wife
, season = 4
, number = 12
, people = Elizabeth Alderfer
, role = Anna
, passage = I wanted to medal'. I was pregnant and I wanted to ' medal
Any of several alloys of precious metals and base metals that is used (where legal) to make coins, medals etc.