Stats vs Maths - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between stats and maths
is that stats
is (informal|in the singular) a short form of statistics
) while maths
is (informal|uk|except canada).
(informal, in the singular) A short form of statistics (the subject ).
(informal, in the plural) A short form of statistics (data, figures )
- Stats is one of her favourite subjects at school.
- What do the stats tell us?
* math (North America)
) (always singular
(informal, UK, except Canada)
* 1980' August 21, ''Girls can do '''maths as well as boys'', '' ,
* 2004 , Miraca U.M. Gross, Exceptionally Gifted Children ,
- The conventional “commonsense” view now is that girls are conditioned both by family and teachers to believe that maths is a subject at which males excel, and that they believe they cannot be expected to comprehend its subtleties — so they don?t.
* 2011 , Clifford Matthews, IMechE Engineers? Databook , Fourth edition, John Wiley & Sons,
- At age 10, Ian was based with the Grade 6 students but was allowed to take maths with Grade 10 – a four-year grade advancement.
- Most people who are forced to use maths have little idea what it is really about.