From (etyl) , from (etyl) revisio.
(uncountable) The process of revising:
# The action or process of reviewing, editing and amending.
#* 2002 , James D. Lester, James D. Lester, Jr, Writing Research Papers ,
#* 2004 , Mara Kalnins (editor), Note on the Text'', Joseph Conrad, ''Victory: An Island Tale ,
- Revision can turn a passable paper into an excellent one and change an excellent one into a radiant one.
#* 2010 , , Franz Guenthner (editors), Handbook of Philosophical Logic , Volume 16,
- The full history of its composition, revision , transmission, and publication is a complex and intricate one beyond the necessarily limited scope of this Note,.
# (UK, Australia, New Zealand) The action or process of reviewing something previously learned, especially one?s notes in preparation for a test or examination.
- Many formalisms for belief revision use extraneous mechanisms for deciding what beliefs to keep and this makes it harder to iterate the process.
#* 2008', Philip A. Kalra (editor), ''
- All that last minute revision really paid off in the exam! I got top marks!
Essential '''Revision Notes in Medicine for Students , Volume 1.
(countable) A changed edition, or new version; a modification.
* 2004 , Robert McConnell Productions, Henry M. Robert, Robert?s Rules of Order: Simplified and Applied ,
* 1992 , Helen Baron, Carl Baron (editors), Introduction'', ''The Cambridge Edition of the Works of D. H, Lawrence: Sons and Lovers , Part 1, 2002 paperback edition, Cambridge University Press,
- The first thing members need to understand about a revision' is that the current bylaws are not under consideration at all. If the ' revision is defeated, no changes to the current bylaws take place.
* 2008''', World Bank, ' ,
- However, it is evident in a minority of cases that a revision by Lawrence is prompted solely by the need to remedy some local effect caused by Garnett?s deletion, and there, clearly, Lawrence?s MS text is, in principle, to be preferred.
* 2012 , Bill Fane, David Byrnes, AutoCAD 2013 For Dummies ,
- Previous editions of World Development Indicators'' used revision''' 2, first published in 1948. '''Revision''' 3 was completed in 1989, and many countries now use it. But ' revision 2 is still widely used for compiling cross-country data.
(countable) A story corrected or expanded by a writer commissioned by the original author.
- Include the revision number'. You may need to add a triangle and number, shown in Figure 9-6, to indicate the ' revision number.
- A revision story
* review (US)
To provide with a new vision.
- What philosophy needs is to be revisioned with a more hopeful, engaged inspirational point of view.
* manuall (obsolete)
From (etyl) manuel, from
A booklet that instructs on the usage of a particular machine.
(music) A keyboard for the hands on a harpsichord, organ, or other musical instrument.
A manual transmission; a gearbox, especially of a motorized vehicle, shifted by the operator.
(by synecdoche) A vehicle with a manual transmission.
A bicycle technique whereby the front wheel is held aloft by the rider, without the use of pedal foce.
* reference manual
* instruction manual
* user manual
* user's manual
* owners manual
* owner's manual
From (etyl) manuel, manual, from (etyl) .
Performed with the hands (of an activity).
* 1897 , Henry James, What Maisie Knew :
Operated by means of the hands (of a machine, device etc.).
- She gave a wild manual brush to her locks.
* , relating to the mouth
* , relating to the foot