Wicca vs Maiden - What's the difference?
As a proper noun wicca
is a neopagan religion first popularised in 1954 by british civil servant , involving the worship of god and goddess and the observance of eight sabbats.
As a noun maiden is
(en proper noun
A neopagan religion first popularised in 1954 by British civil servant , involving the worship of God and Goddess and the observance of eight Sabbats.
* Eclectic Wicca, Alexandrian Wicca, Gardnerian Wicca, Odyssean Wicca, Dianic Wicca, Celtic Wicca, Faery Wicca
* Wiccan, Wiccanism, Wiccanist
A girl or an unmarried young woman.
A female virgin.
A man with no experience of sex, especially because of deliberate abstention.
*:As for that said sire Bors I wille be shryuen with a good wylle / Soo syr Bors was confessyd / and for al wymmen sir Bors was a vyrgyne / sauf for one / that was the doughter of kynge Brangorys / and on her he gat a child that hyghte Elayne / and sauf for her syre Bors was a clene mayden
An unmarried woman, especially an older woman.
A racehorse without any victory ('virgin record').
(label) A Scottish counterpart of the guillotine.
(label) A maiden over.
(label) A machine for washing linen.
* maidenly, maidenliness
* maiden flight
* maiden voyage
* maiden name
* maiden of honor
* iron maiden
Like or befitting a (young, unmarried) maiden.
- a surprising old maiden lady
(figuratively) Being a first occurrence or event.
- Have you no modesty, no maiden shame?
- The Titanic sank on its maiden voyage .
- After Edmund Burke's maiden speech, William Pitt the Elder said Burke had "spoken in such a manner as to stop the mouths of all Europe" and that the Commons should congratulate itself on acquiring such a member.
, date=May 13
, author=Andrew Benson
, title=Williams's Pastor Maldonado takes landmark Spanish Grand Prix win
, work=BBC Sport
, passage=Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado took his maiden
victory and Williams's first since 2004 in a strategic battle with Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.}}
(cricket) Being an over in which no runs are scored.
Fresh; innocent; unpolluted; pure; hitherto unused.
- maiden flowers
Of a fortress, never having been captured or violated.
- Full bravely hast thou fleshed / Thy maiden sword.