As a noun murid
is any member of the muroidea superfamily of rodents.
As an adjective lurid is
any member of the Muroidea superfamily of rodents
Ghastly, pale, wan in appearance.
- The accident was described with'' ''lurid'' ''detail.
- Fierce o'er their beauty blazed the lurid flame.
Being of a light yellow hue.
- Wrapped in drifts of lurid smoke / On the misty river tide.
- Some paperback novels have lurid covers.
(botany) Having a brown colour tinged with red, as of flame seen through smoke.
(zoology) Having a colour tinged with purple, yellow, and grey.
- The lurid lighting of the bar made for a very hazy atmosphere.