Lulu vs Nimby - What's the difference?
Lulu is a see also of nimby.
As nouns the difference between lulu and nimby
is that lulu
is a remarkable person, object or idea; a doozie; a beauty; a humdinger while nimby
is (usually|pejorative) someone who objects to the building of an undesirable structure in their neighborhood, especially in public policy debate.
As a phrase nimby is
(chiefly|us|uk) not in my backyard.
As a adjective nimby is
not wanting to have to deal with unpleasant or distasteful things near them.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A remarkable person, object or idea; a doozie; a beauty; a humdinger.
A very attractive or seductive person.
* (remarkable person object or idea) exception, unexpected, ace, innovation, champion, comedy, cool, surprise, neato
* (very attractive or seductive person) , babe, beauty, cutie, doll (woman), dream, dreamboat, fox, peach, siren, stunna/stunner
* (very attractive or seductive person) dog (woman), fright, monster, monstrosity, sight
(chiefly, US, UK) Not in my backyard.
(usually, pejorative) Someone who objects to the building of an undesirable structure in their neighborhood, especially in public policy debate.
- politically correct green (as in vegetation) nimbies (may object to nuclear power plants, polluting factories, etc.)
- socially conservative brown (as in shirts) nimbies (may object to the building of jails, prisons, housing for ex-convicts, drinking or adult entertainment establishments)
- ''fiscally conservative green (as in money) nimbies (may object to the building of anything which may decrease preexisting property values)
Not wanting to have to deal with unpleasant or distasteful things near them.
- Their vote against measures to help refugees has been perceived by the socially conscious margin of society as a typically nimby attitude.
* BANANA - acronym similar to NIMBY