Lotto vs Bingo - What's the difference?
Lotto is a synonym of bingo.
As nouns the difference between lotto and bingo
is that lotto
is a game of chance similar to bingo while bingo
is (uncountable) a game of chance for two or more players, who mark off numbers on a grid as they are announced by the caller; the game is won by the first person to call out "bingo!" or "house!" after crossing off all numbers on the grid or in one line of the grid.
As a interjection bingo is
As a adjective bingo is
just sufficient to return to base (or, alternatively, to divert to an alternative airfield) (also written bingo or bingo
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
a game of chance similar to bingo
(uncountable) A game of chance for two or more players, who mark off numbers on a grid as they are announced by the caller; the game is won by the first person to call out "bingo!" or "house!" after crossing off all numbers on the grid or in one line of the grid.
(countable) A win in such a game.
(countable, Scrabble) A play where all seven letter tiles are played.
- There were two bingos in the last game, so the players split the prize money.
* (game of chance) housey-housey, lotto
* bingo caller
* bingo hall
* bingo wings
* bullshit bingo
(informal) (Used to declare) "You've just made my point!" or "My point exactly!"
* (used in bingo to claim a win) house!
* (when finding something) aha!, eureka!, got it!, that's it!, yes!
Just sufficient to return to base (or, alternatively, to divert to an alternative airfield). (also written Bingo or BINGO)
* 1993 , Red River Valley Fighter Pilots , page 40:
* 2012 , Larry R Gibson, Recollections of a Marine Attack Pilot , page 54:
- Well, the old pucker factor went up about 75 notches at that point cause that length of time would put my wingman below Bingo fuel, plus the thought of sitting in an orbit several miles West of the Yen Bai
- The first pilot to get down to this bingo' fuel state would call, “Banjo 4, ' bingo fuel,” or whatever.
* Kelly's eye
* man alive
* lucky for some
* Maggie's den, Major's den, Tony's den
* one fat lady
* doctor's orders
* legs eleven
* unlucky for some
* on its own
* sweet sixteen
* key of the door, key to the door
* two little ducks
* thee and me
* dirty Gertie
* more than eleven
* halfway there
* tweak of the thumb
* Brighton line
* red raw
* bang on the drum
* one more time
* stop and run
* between the sticks
* two fat ladies
* top of the shop