Andy vs Loser - What's the difference?
As a noun andy
As a verb loser is
(en proper noun
A diminutive of the male given name Andrew.
A diminutive of the female given name Andrea.
A person who loses; one who fails to win or thrive.
- In a two-horse race there is always one winner and one loser .
Something of poor quality.
- He was always a good loser .
A person who is frequently unsuccessful in life.
- That dictionary is a loser !
- That guy is a born loser !
(derogatory) A contemptible or unfashionable person.
- I’m a constant loser in love.
One who or that which loses something, such as extra weight, car keys, etc.
* 1999 , Larry Medsker, ?Lakhmi C. Jain, Recurrent Neural Networks: Design and Applications (ISBN 0849371813), page 192:
- That person is a loser !
* 2004 , Marianna S. Katona, Tales from the Berlin Wall: Recollections of Frequent Crossings (ISBN 3833404396):
- Another way to speed search (in general) is to order or bias the hypothesis space based on some heuristic. Suppose you are a habitual car key loser and that you keep track of where your keys turn up after each search.
* 2005', Maggie Greenwood-Robinson, ''The Biggest '''Loser : The Weight Loss Program to Transform Your Body, Health and Life (ISBN 13: 978-1-59486-384-4)
* 2009 , Jane Bryant Quinn, Making the Most of Your Money Now
- But a West German reporting a lost passport in East Berlin during the years of the Wall was treated to a criminal investigation, with the passport loser as the potential criminal.
* 2010 , Cutting Myself in Half: 150 Pounds Lost, One Byte at a Time (ISBN 0757313590), page 109:
- You're counting on this insurance company to pay you a check many years in the future. But for some companies, disability coverage has been a money loser .
- You have to think of yourself as an already amazing person who's hiding behind extra weight—a superhero in a disguise. If you follow the program, change the message from “I'm a big loser” to “I'm a big weight loser .”
* (person who consistently loses) failure
* born loser
* loser cruiser
* loser sign
* sore loser
* three-time loser