Molly vs Lolly - What's the difference?
As proper nouns the difference between molly and lolly
is that molly
) while lolly
As a noun molly
is (north america) the crystalline or powdered form of mdma.
A woman or girl, especially of low status.
(slang) An effeminate male, a male homosexual.
(slang) Pure MDMA powder.
A fish of the genus Poecilia .
A female cat; a she-cat.
A molly bolt.
A piece of hard candy on a stick; a lollipop.
* 2004 , , Feast: Food that Celebrates Life ,
(UK, slang, uncountable) Money.
(Australia, New Zealand) Any confection made from sugar, or high in sugar content; a sweet, a piece of candy.
* 1924 , Frank George Carpenter, Australia, New Zealand and Some Islands of the South Seas ,
- Trim the lolly' sticks, so that you have a stem of about 3–4cm to stick into the cake, and then plunge the sticks of the foreshortened ' lollies into the cake so that the ghoulish faces leer out from their black-frosted graveyard.
* 2002 , R.I.C. Publications, Primary Science ,
- Leaving the Domain, I walked back to the hotel, noticing the queer signs by the way. One was “Lollies for Sale.” It was over the door of a confectioner?s store where all sorts of candies were displayed.
* 2008 , ,
- Organise the students into small groups. Send a letter home to the parents stating that the science lesson will involve students eating a small amount of lollies'. Check which students are allowed to eat ' lollies . Students with diabetes will only be able to observe or they could bring their own ‘special’ sweets from home.
- He looked straight into Frau Diller?s spectacled eyes and said, ‘Mixed lollies , please.’
- Frau Diller smiled.‘Here,’ she said, tossing a single lolly onto the counter. ‘Mix it yourself.’
* candy (US)
* ice lolly
* lolly scramble