Sham is a related term of limitation.
As a proper noun sham
As a noun limitation is
the act of limiting or the state of being limited.
Intended to deceive; false.
- It was only a sham wedding: they didn't care much for one another but wanted their parents to stop hassling them.
- They scorned the sham independence proffered to them by the Athenians.
* See also
A fake; an imitation that purports to be genuine.
- The time-share deal was a sham .
A false front, or removable ornamental covering.
A decorative cover for a pillow.
- A con-man must be skilled in the arts of sham and deceit.
* pillow sham
To deceive, cheat, lie.
To obtrude by fraud or imposition.
- Fooled and shammed into a conviction.
To assume the manner and character of; to imitate; to ape; to feign.
- We must have a care that we do not sham fallacies upon the world for current reason.
The act of limiting or the state of being limited.
A restriction; a boundary, real or metaphorical, caused by some thing or some circumstance.
- Getting into his wheelchair after his amputation it felt like a limitation you could roll in.
An imperfection or shortcoming which limits somethings use or value.
A time period after which some legal action may no longer be brought.
- He understood the exam material but his fear was a limitation he could not overcome.
- ''The lawyer obtained impunity by dragging his obviously guilty client's case beyond the 10 years limitation
* statute of limitation