Lion vs Lightbulb - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between lion and lightbulb
is that lion
is net, web while lightbulb
As a verb lion
A big cat, Panthera leo , native to Africa, India and formerly to much of Europe. The term may apply to the species as a whole, to individuals, or to male individuals. It also applies to related species like mountain lions.
# A male lion.
(heraldiccharge) A stylized representation of a large cat, used on a coat of arms.
A Chinese foo dog.
An individual who shows strength and courage, attributes associated with the lion.
* 2003 , Peter Armstrong and Angus McBride, Stirling Bridge & Falkirk 1297–98: William Wallace's Rebellion :
- Tigers and lions share a common ancestor from a few million years ago.
A famous person regarded with interest and curiosity.
* Prof. Wilson
- It was said of [Edward Plantaganet] that 'he was a lion for pride and ferocity but a pard for inconstancy and changeableness, not keeping his word or promise but excusing himself with fair words'.
* 1919 ,
- Such society was far more enjoyable than that of Edinburgh, for here he was not a lion , but a man.
A light brown color that resembles the fur of a lion
- Rose Waterford was a cynic. She looked upon life as an opportunity for writing novels and the public as her raw material. Now and then she invited members of it to her house if they showed an appreciation of her talent and entertained with proper lavishness. She held their weakness for lions in good-humoured contempt, but played to them her part of the distinguished woman of letters with decorum.
* (Panthera leo) cougar, leopard, panther, puma, tiger
* (male lion individual) cub, lioness
* (individual Panthera leo) pride
* antlion, ant lion
* aphid lion, aphis lion
* beard the lion
* Cape lion
* cave lion
* golden lion tamarin
* Lion of Judah
* Lion of St Mark
* Lion of Venice
* lion's ear
* lion's foot
* lion's leaf
* lion's share
* lion's tail
* lion's tooth
* lion cub
* lionhearted, lion-hearted
* lionise, lionize
* marsupial lion
* mountain lion
* Nemean lion
* sea lion
* Steller's sea lion
* twist the lion's tail
Of the light brown color that resembles the fur of a lion.
* (Panthera leo