An elongated curved fruit, which grows in bunches, and has a sweet creamy flesh and a smooth yellow skin.
The tropical treelike plant which bears clusters of bananas. The plant, of the genus Musa , has large, elongated leaves and is related to the plantain.
(uncountable) A yellow colour, like that of a banana's skin.
(mildly, pejorative, slang, ethnic slur) A person of Asian descent, especially a Chinese American, who has assimilated into Western culture or married a Caucasian (from the "yellow" outside and "white" inside). Compare .
* (Asian assimilated into Western culture) jook-sing, Twinkie
* (Asian assimilated into Western culture) egg (Western assimilated into Asian culture)
* (Asian assimilated into Western culture) coconut
* banana ball
* banana bender
* banana boat
* banana bond
* banana hammock
* banana shot
* banana paper
* banana peel
* banana pepper
* banana plug
* banana republic
* bananas Foster
* banana skin
* banana split
* false banana
* pink banana
* scarlet banana
* second banana
* snow banana
* top banana
Curved like a banana, especially of a ball in flight.
* 2001 , Rayne Barton, The Green Hills Golf Chronicles , page 155, ISBN 0738847917.
* 2002 , Andrew Collins, Guild of Honor , page 53, ISBN 1403371490.
- Even the lowly banana ball, the bane of so many weekenders, sometimes can be exactly right, as in this case.
* 2006 , Richard Witzig, The Global Art of Soccer , page 247, ISBN 0977668800.
- He played the fading, low-banana shot as planned, and the ball whistled left of the oak tree and between the pines.
- [...]Bernd Schneider closed the scoring in injury-time with a 23 meter free-kick banana shot into the upper-right corner.
* dining leaf
* lawn mower
Any of the electrical or mechanical machines used for cutting grass.
* 1877 , Queensland. Dept. of Public Instruction, Report of the Secretary for Public Instruction
* 1912 , O. Henry, Rolling Stones
- It is only a small school, but this year the committee has expended £105 in reforming the garden, painting the fences, making a tennis court and lawn, purchasing a lawnmower etc.
A person who landscapes and in particular mows lawns.
- here was an ordinary man out of the city directory that subscribes for magazines and pushes the lawnmower in his shirt-sleeves of evenings.
* push mower, riding mower