As nouns the difference between boring and lathe
is that boring
is a pit or hole which has been d while lathe
is (obsolete) an administrative division of the county of kent, in england, from the anglo-saxon period until it fell entirely out of use in the early twentieth century or lathe
can be a machine tool used to shape a piece of material, or workpiece, by rotating the workpiece against a cutting tool.
As verbs the difference between boring and lathe
is that boring
is while lathe
is to invite; bid; ask or lathe
can be to shape with a lathe.
As an adjective boring
is causing boredom.
A pit or hole which has been d.
* 1992 , J. Patrick Powers, Construction dewatering: new methods and applications , p. 191:
Fragments thrown up when something is bored or drilled.
- It is common in urban areas that a great many borings exist from prior construction work.
- What a boring film that was!
* dull, mind-numbing (colloquial), tedious
* See also
From (etyl) lathen, from (etyl) .
To invite; bid; ask.
From (etyl) *.
(obsolete) An administrative division of the county of Kent, in England, from the Anglo-Saxon period until it fell entirely out of use in the early twentieth century.
(etyl) . More at lade.
A machine tool used to shape a piece of material, or workpiece, by rotating the workpiece against a cutting tool.
* 1856 : (Gustave Flaubert), (Madame Bovary), Part II Chapter IV, translated by Eleanor Marx-Aveling
- He shaped the bedpost by turning it on a lathe .
The movable swing frame of a loom, carrying the reed for separating the warp threads and beating up the weft; a lay, or batten.
(obsolete) A granary; a barn.
- Of the windows of the village there was one yet more often occupied; for on Sundays from morning to night, and every morning when the weather was bright, one could see at the dormer-window of the garret the profile of Monsieur Binet bending over his lathe , whose monotonous humming could be heard at the Lion d'Or.
To shape with a lathe.
(computer graphics) To produce a 3D model by rotating a set of points around a fixed axis.