As nouns the difference between currency and kreutzer
is that currency
is money or other items used to facilitate transactions while kreutzer
is a medieval silver coin once used as currency in southern germany and austria.
Money or other items used to facilitate transactions.
* 1943 , (William Saroyan), , chapter 3,
- Wampum was used as a currency by Amerindians.
The state of being current; general acceptance or recognition.
- Spangler went through his pockets, coming out with a handful of small coins, one piece of currency and a hard-boiled egg.
(obsolete) fluency; readiness of utterance
(obsolete) Current value; general estimation; the rate at which anything is generally valued.
- The jargon’s currency .
- He takes greatness of kingdoms according to their bulk and currency , and not after intrinsic value. — Francis Bacon.
- The bare name of Englishman too often gave a transient currency to the worthless and ungrateful. — W. Irving.
* (economics) fiat currency, closed currency, metacurrency