Knockdownfac vs Knockout - What's the difference?
As a noun knockout is
the act of making someone unconscious, or at least unable to come back on their feet within a certain period of time; a tko.
As an adjective knockout is
rendering someone unconscious.
Not English Knockdownfac has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
The act of making someone unconscious, or at least unable to come back on their feet within a certain period of time; a TKO.
The deactivation of anything.
* 1989 , Network World (6 February 1989, page 82)
- The boxer scored a knockout on his opponent.
(informal) Something wildly popular, entertaining, or funny.
- Pull the plug on a node to see how the network handles a node knockout .
(informal) A very attractive person, especially a beautiful woman.
* 1995 , Rhonda K. Reinholtz et al.'', "
- If you've ever had a sack race, you know it's a real knockout for kids and adults alike.
Sexual Discourse and Sexual Intercourse," in P. J. Kalbfleisch and M. J. Cody, eds., ''Gender, Power, and Communications in Human Relationships , p. 150,
A partially punched opening meant for optional later removal.
- Phrases such as "she bowled me over," "she's striking," and "she's a knockout " suggest that the woman affects the man in ways he cannot mediate or control.
(genetics) The deactivation of a particular gene.
(genetics) A creature engineered with a particular gene deactivated.
(printing) An event where a foreground color causes a background color not to print.
(sports) A tournament, in which a team or player must beat the opponent in order to progress to the next round.
- They left a knockout in the panel for running extra wires someday.
- the knockout stages of the competition
, date=November 3
, author=Chris Bevan
, title=Rubin Kazan 1 - 0 Tottenham
, work=BBC Sport
, passage=In truth, Tottenham never really looked like taking all three points and this defeat means they face a battle to reach the knockout
stages -with their next home game against PAOK Salonika on 30 November likely to prove decisive.}}
Rendering someone unconscious.
Amazing; gorgeous; beautiful.
- He delivered a knockout blow.
(genetics) Designating an organism in which a particular gene has been removed or deactivated.
* 1999 , (Matt Ridley), Genome , Harper Perennial 2004, p. 255:
- You should have seen her knockout eyes.
Causing elimination from a competition
* 2012 , Ben Smith, Leeds United 2-1 Everton [http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19632366]
- The result is a so-called knockout mouse, reared with a single gene silenced, the better to reveal that gene's true purpose.
- Rodolph Austin delivered the knockout blow from close range 20 minutes from time, after Aidan White had given Leeds a dream start after four minutes.