(slang) To steal.
* (l), (l), (l), (l)
A kind of cannabis smoked in Morocco and Algeria, for narcotic or intoxicating effect.
* 1809 , James Grey Jackson, An Account of the Empire of Marocco , VIII:
* 1882 , C. Rollin-Tilton, translating Edmondo de Amicis, Morocco: Its People & Places :
- The kief , which is the flower and seeds of the plant, is the strongest, and a pipe of it half the size of a common English tobacco-pipe, is sufficient to intoxicate.
* 1982 , (TC Boyle), Water Music , Penguin 2006, p. 80:
- I perceived the odour of kif , and recognised the voices of Selam the Second, Abd-el-Rhaman, and others; it was an Arab orgie in full swing.
* 2000 , (JG Ballard), Super-Cannes , Fourth Estate 2011, p. 52:
*:‘Some taxi driver, a Maghrebian…he suddenly swerved. They smoke kief , you know.’
The trichome of marijuana, a green powdery substance that falls from dry marijuana high in THC and other cannabinoid compounds.
- The trade goods – Persian rugs, salt, muskets, kif – trailed out behind them over the dunes, still lashed to the backs of rotting animals.