As a noun splatter
is an uneven shape or mess created by something dispersing on impact.
As a verb splatter
is to splash; to scatter; to land or strike in an uneven, distributed mess.
As an interjection kersplat is
the sound of something splattering messily.
An uneven shape or mess created by something dispersing on impact.
(attributive) A genre of gory horror.
- He had a hard time cleaning up the paint splatters on the carpet.
- splatter''' film; '''splatter movie
To splash; to scatter; to land or strike in an uneven, distributed mess.
To cause (something) to splatter.
- The drink splattered all over me, the table, and the floor when I knocked it over.
To spatter (something or somebody).
* 2012 , Kimberly J. Heide, Doors of Promise (page 100)
- He splattered paint onto the wall.
- Her wet hands splattered him with suds.