Taxonomy vs Keir - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between taxonomy and keir
is that taxonomy
is the science or the technique used to make a classification while keir
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The science or the technique used to make a classification.
A classification; especially , a classification in a hierarchical system.
(taxonomy, uncountable) The science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms.
* alpha taxonomy
* folk taxonomy
* scientific taxonomy
* 1902 , , Sessional Papers , Volume 34, Part 2,
* 1919 , Society of Dyers and Colourists, Journal of the Society of Dyers and Colourists , Volume 35,
- The keirs , becks, washing machines, etc., are placed sufficiently low to allow of being fed from the water supply by gravitation, and the outlets placed just sufficiently high to reach the water line of the river a little above its normal flow.
* 1975 , Owen Ashmore, The Industrial Archaeology of Stockport ,
- Also fine clothes require longer treatment in the keir in order to secure good penetration by the chemie.
- The cloth was singed to remove superfluous fluff by being passed over heated copper plates and then boiled in bleaching keirs with lime or caustic soda.