Observance is a synonym of keeping.
As nouns the difference between observance and keeping
is that observance
is the practice of complying with a law, custom, command or rule while keeping
is conformity or harmony.
As a verb keeping is
* observaunce (obsolete)
The practice of complying with a law, custom, command or rule
The custom of celebrating a holiday or similar occasion
Observation or the act of watching
(religion) A rule governing a religious order, especially in the Roman Catholic church
conformity or harmony.
- The songs are new but in keeping with tradition.
charge or care.
- The foreground of this painting is not in keeping .
Maintenance; support; provision; feed.
- His happiness is in his own keeping .
- The cattle have good keeping .
- the work of many hands, which earns my keeping
* in keeping with