Karma vs Juju - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between karma and juju
is that karma
is karma while juju
is a fetish or charm believed by west africans to have magical or supernatural powers or juju
can be (slang) a marijuana cigarette; a joint.
(Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism) The sum total of a person's actions, which determine the person's next incarnation in samsara, the cycle of death and rebirth.
A force or law of nature which causes one to reap what one sows; destiny; fate.
(uncommon) A distinctive feeling, aura, or atmosphere.
* 2001 , Inside the Hits ,
* 2006 , Chase Sargent, From Buddy to Boss ,
- That means everything from lighting to the vibes, the karma of the room.
* 2010 , R.L. Roach, Irish Lie ,
- How many times when you have been in a bar have you felt that a confrontation was building up, even without extensive verbal exchanges? Sometimes you can feel the karma or energy of a place change, and you should not ignore that
- On the way to Lancaster, which was about an hour and a half from Philly, John felt the karma .
From a West African language, probably originally from (etyl) joujou.
A fetish or charm believed by West Africans to have magical or supernatural powers.
The magical or supernatural power of such a charm.
A superstitious belief in the karmic consequences of an action or behavior, usually negative in connotation.
A type of music popular in Nigeria. (See )
- That's some bad juju .
Reduplication of -ju- in (marijuana).
(slang) A marijuana cigarette; a joint.
* 1940 , (Raymond Chandler), Farewell, My Lovely , Penguin 2010, p. 75:
*:‘I knew a guy once who smoked jujus ,’ she said. ‘Three highballs and three sticks of tea and it took a pipe wrench to get him off the chandelier.’