Karma vs Joss - What's the difference?
As a noun karma
As a proper noun joss is
As a verb joss is
(fandom) to invalidate a fan theory or original element of a fanwork through the introduction of new canon or retconning.
(Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism) The sum total of a person's actions, which determine the person's next incarnation in samsara, the cycle of death and rebirth.
A force or law of nature which causes one to reap what one sows; destiny; fate.
(uncommon) A distinctive feeling, aura, or atmosphere.
* 2001 , Inside the Hits ,
* 2006 , Chase Sargent, From Buddy to Boss ,
- That means everything from lighting to the vibes, the karma of the room.
* 2010 , R.L. Roach, Irish Lie ,
- How many times when you have been in a bar have you felt that a confrontation was building up, even without extensive verbal exchanges? Sometimes you can feel the karma or energy of a place change, and you should not ignore that
- On the way to Lancaster, which was about an hour and a half from Philly, John felt the karma .
A Chinese household divinity; a Chinese idol.
* 1977 , , The Honourable Schoolboy , Folio Society 2010, p. 178:
- She had twisted a piece of heather into her mail box for good joss , and this was the safety signal.
* joss stick
* joss paper
* joss house