Facetious vs Jocund - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between facetious and jocund
is that facetious
is treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humour; flippant while jocund
is jovial; exuberant; lighthearted; merry and in high spirits; exhibiting happiness.
Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humour; flippant.
Pleasantly humorous, jocular.
- Robbie's joke about Heather's picture was just him being facetious .
* See also
Jovial; exuberant; lighthearted; merry and in high spirits; exhibiting happiness.
* (rfdate), Thomas Shelton, translator, Don Quixote , Miguel de Cervantes
* (rfdate), William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
- There was once a widow, fair, young, free, rich, and withal very pleasant and jocund , that fell in love with a certain round and well-set servant of a college.
* (rfdate) William Wordsworth
- Night's candles are burnt out, and jocund day / stands tiptoe on the misty mountain tops.
- a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company