Gank vs Jank - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between gank and jank
is that gank
is hallway, corridor while jank
is (computing|slang|rare) problematic blocking of a software application's user interface due to slow operations.
As an adjective jank is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(slang) To swindle.
* 1989 , The Beastie Boys in "Car Thief" from the album Paul's Boutique
*2001 , Delphine Jamet, Street Kid in the City [http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN1865085030&id=4535LUpaODsC&pg=RA26-PT4&lpg=RA26-PT4&dq=ganked&sig=HmEVVrF2HQAWuZ9wo2gWusdExd8]
- Then I met this girl she tried to gank me / So I smacked her in the booty with M.C. Plank Bee
*2004 , Mike Sager, Scary Monsters and Super Freaks: Stories of Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n' Roll and Murder
- Jay was ganked (mugged) for $55 by some Noongar boys when Brad told them he had a lot of money on him.
*2004 , U.S. Congress Senate Committee on the Judiciary, Combating Gang Violence in America
- Just as Eazy had robbed Lonzo at Crew Cut Records, Suge and Dre had now ganked Eazy. This time, however, there was a slight problem.
(slang) To steal.
*2002 , A. K. Stanfield, Zen Smoking: A Mock Epic with Stock Characters
- And in the old days, you know, if you ganked a drug dealer, they would beat you senseless.
*2006 , N. Frank Daniels, Futureproof
- “I ganked these from the Major's house last night,” I explained, reaching into the backpack to withdraw the two books.
(transitive, Internet, online gaming, slang) To kill, ambush, or defeat with little effort; used in online games.
- It was one of the syringes Splinter ganked from the hospital the other day when he was in there for chest pains.
- Our group totally ganked this guy.
- I hate it when corpse-campers gank me over and over again.
hall, hallway, corridor
(computing, slang, rare) Problematic blocking of a software application's user interface due to slow operations.