As verbs the difference between rekindle and invent
is that rekindle
is to kindle once again while invent
is to design a new process or mechanism.
To kindle once again.
- After being abroad for a decade, when he came back he rekindled his obsession with cricket.
To design a new process or mechanism.
To create something fictional for a particular purpose.
- After weeks of hard work, I invented a new way to alphabetize matchbooks.
- I knew I had to invent an excuse, and quickly.
(obsolete) To come upon; to find; to find out; to discover.
* 1590 , Edmund Spenser, The Faerie Queene , I.vi:
- We need a name to put in this form, so let's just invent one.
- Far off he wonders, what them makes so glad, / If Bacchus merry fruit they did inuent [...].