Interfered vs Interrupted - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between interfered and interrupted
is that interfered
) while interrupted
* enterfere (obsolete)
To get involved or involve oneself, causing disturbance.
(physics) (of waves) To be correlated with each other when overlapped]] or [[superpose, superposed.
- I always try not to interfere with other people’s personal affairs.
- Correlated waves interfere''' to produce interesting patterns, while uncorrelated waves overlap without '''interfering .
(mostly of horses) To strike one foot against the opposite foot or ankle in using the legs.
- Where the radio-wave signals of the two radio stations interfere the listener hears nothing but noise.
* busy body
To disturb or halt an ongoing process or action by interfering suddenly.
* , chapter=3
- Do not interrupt me in my course.
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=One saint's day in mid-term a certain newly appointed suffragan-bishop came to the school chapel, and there preached on “The Inner Life.” He at once secured attention by his informal method, and when presently the coughing of Jarvis […] interrupted
the sermon, he altogether captivated his audience with a remark about cough lozenges being cheap and easily procurable.}}
To divide; to separate; to break the monotony of.
(computing) To assert to a computer that an exceptional condition must be handled.
- The evenness of the road was not interrupted by a single hill.
(computing) An event that causes a computer to temporarily cease what it was doing and attend to a condition
- The interrupt caused the packet handler routine to run.
* hardware interrupt
* interrupt handler
* non-maskable interrupt, NMI
* software interrupt