Interpretated vs Interpretted - What's the difference?
As an adjective interpretated
As a verb interpretted is
* 1717 : Bishop Simon Patrick, Men?a My?tica: or, A Di?course Concerning the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper'', “Aqua Genitalis: A Di?cour?e concerning baptism, in which is in?erted a Brief Di?cour?e to per?uade to a Confirmation of the ''Bapti?mal Vow ”,
pages 395–396 (7th edition, corrected)
* 2009 : Rebecca Ann Lind, Race / Gender / Media: Considering Diversity Across Audiences, Content, and Producers ,
- If any think it har?h to render tho?e words, For their dead Bodies'', by the?e ''For the Re?urrection of their dead Bodies'', (which in Bapti?m we profe?s to believe,) it is only for want of skill in the ?hort manner of ?peaking, which the ''Hebrews u?e. And methinks they may otherwi?e be interpretted to the ?ame ?en?e more plainly after this manner.
page 97 (2nd edition; Allyn & Bacon; ISBN 0205537359, 9780205537358)
- […] John Whalen asks, “How can ‘redskins’ be interpretted as anything other than blatant racism?[”]
* The two-‘t’ spelling (term) is nearly eighteen hundred times rarer than the one-‘t’ spelling interpreted.
[Google Book Search: ]
“interpretted” = 2,870 results] vs. [http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbo=1&tbs=bks%3A1&q=%2Binterpreted+-interpretted&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai= “interpreted” = 5,160,000 results] (as of 16:49, 5 August 2010 [UTC)